Some items you may receive for your baskets are:
-Semi-hot Hungarian Peppers
-Green Bell Peppers
-Spanish Roja Garlic
Tomato Basil Spaghettini with Goat Cheese
1 (16 ounce) package uncooked spaghettini
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoons olive oil
freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 lemon, juiced
4 ounces soft goat cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
In a blender or food processor, blend the fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil, and pepper just until chunky.
In a bowl, gently toss the cooked pasta and tomato mixture. Sprinkle lemon juice over the pasta and top with goat cheese just before serving.
Hungarian Peppers and Eggs
2 green bell peppers
1 yellow Hungarian wax pepper
2 firm-ripe tomatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
8 large eggs
salt and pepper
1. Stem and seed green bell and Hungarian peppers. Cut bell peppers into 1/2-inch squares. Finely chop Hungarian pepper.
2. Rinse tomatoes, core, and cut in half crosswise. Gently squeeze out and discard seeds and juice; coarsely chop tomatoes.
3. In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat, combine oil, onion, all the peppers, and half the tomatoes. Stir often until vegetables are tinged with brown and all liquid evaporates, 7 to 9 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat eggs to blend with 2 tablespoons water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
5. Add egg mixture to vegetables and reduce heat to medium-low. With a wide spatula, lift cooked portion of eggs to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath until eggs are softly set, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to plates. Garnish with remaining tomatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste.